sábado, 22 de abril de 2017

Day 5: Cabárceno, Santillana, Santander


by Cecily and Liz
 Cecily 
Today we went to the Parque de la naturaleza Cabárceno Zoo in Cantabria. I was very excited to go, because I had heard so many funny stories about the trip to the zoo from my friend who had participated in the exchange the year before. When I heard that our exchange students were coming with us for the day I was even more excited. 

Although the ride to the zoo was long it was relaxing. We listened to American and Spanish music and sang together. My favorite song was 'Súbame el Radio de Enrique Iglesias". When we got to the park, I was immediately surprised by its beauty. The cliffs were incredible. The first exhibit we saw was the Bears. Our guide told us there were over 70 bears! She was very knowledgeable about all the animals. My favorite animal to see was the elephant. I also saw a baby zebra which was very cool. 

Liz
My favorite parts were seeing the baby bear cubs wrestling and playing with the mom as we were above them on gondolas that reminded me of a ski lift. The most popular among all the students and teachers was the chimpanzee exhibit because there were two older babies and one that was only three weeks old. The two older ones kept playing tag and running around, and we were all laughing so hard it hurt. 


Later on in the afternoon we visited a beautiful old town named Santillana Del Mar, where most people walked around to shops and get ice cream. 

Cecily 
Finally, we went to Santander where we spent two hours going to the beach and eating more ice cream. It was a big beautiful where Liz and I got cookie ice cream. It was the best ice cream we'd had on the trip so far.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario